Laying on plaster on walls for smoothing and preparing them for further processing is considered to be "wet" method of plastering. It can be done both by mechanical machine and manually.
Manual plastering is carried out in the following steps:
- Preparation of walls - cleaning the surface of old coating and wetting it directly before applying the mix.
- Installation of corner beads and fixing metal profiles. This step is necessary to get perfectly smooth walls.
- Preparation of plaster mix.
- Plastering the walls, which consists of several stages:
- Applying the mix on the wall surface;
- Skimming the plaster layer;
- Removing excess of plaster within 1 hour after it starts going hard;
- Interval between laying the coats should be 2 to 8 hours (depending on the materials used).
Manual plastering of walls is applicable for small areas and zones with lots of curved elements (arches, niches, columns). Optimum condition for plaster application is +5° to +30°C with acceptable humidity level of 60%. It is also important to follow the manufacturer’s rules and recommendations regarding preparation of plaster mix.
Wall plastering tools and materials
Plaster is laid on with such tools, as:
- trowel, which is designed for mixing and smoothing the mix, and measuring materials;
- finishing trowel, intended for smoothing the mix;
- hawk, which, as a rule, is the necessary tool for various surfaces;
- scratching float for smoothing and leveling plaster surface;
- corner trowel, intended for shaping corners;
- taping knife, to check the smoothness of the joint surfaces;
- stripping scraper, designed for cleaning surfaces of old paint;
- scarifier, intended for cleaning concrete surfaces.
To prepare the walls for application of decorative finish coating there can be used plaster-based smoothing sand, cement, and various additives, binding agents and fillers, that increase the coating strength. Depending on premise type and its features the following materials are used for plastering:
- cement plaster is suitable for rooms with high humidity;
- cement-lime mixture is best used for rooms with variable humidity;
- plaster mixes, which are suitable for dry rooms.
Int-Ext Company is ready to offer you a manual plastering, the price, timing and quality of which will pleasantly surprise you. We carry out surface preparations for various types of facilities. Our company employs highly qualified specialists who have the experience and knowledge necessary for the most efficient performance of work. We guarantee an affordable price and high quality of any services rendered by us.
TELE ATLAS RUS LLC thanks SK INT-EXT LLC for the successful implementation of the working design, renovation and decoration of our office at the address: Moscow, Presnenskaya nab., 8, building 1, Capital City business centre in the Moscow City complex.
«Svobodnyj polyot» LLC thanks you for the successfully completed fit-out of the Vacuum flight control center with an area of about 500 m2 at the address: Moscow, Bogorodskoe shosse, 18, bld.2, Sokolniki park.
We express our gratitude for the successful refurbishment carried out by your company in the “Winnie” store with a total area of abut 450m2 at 121615, Moscow, Rublyovskoye shosse, 20, building 1.
Thank you for the successful fit-out of our medical clinic of 1200 m2 and office of 200 m2 at 26, Stremyanny lane, Moscow.
LLC «Veles» expresses gratitude to the staff of LLC «int-Ext» for the guality of construction works and their implementation on schedule, which is a consequence of a professional approach in the repair of our store «Semerochka»
Request for Proposal
A request sent to Int-Ext company will not remain unanswered. We will quickly analyze it and get in touch with you to prepare a proposal as per your request. Please fill in the form below.